Monday, March 21, 2011

Happy Spring!

Happy Spring to you; happy anniversary to us!  When you look at the weather predictions in our area, it's rain-rain-rain-rain-rain, for as far into the future as predictions go, but right now, there's a little break in the rain and I can see some blue sky.  While part of me equates "spring" with warm sunshine, and flowers, and baseball, there is definitely a piece of me that loves this edge of springtime: the rain interspersed with the sunshine, wanting to drink hot chocolate while walking outdoors, etc.  I was thinking back on our wedding, which was also an edge of springtime day: there was grey fog hanging over the mossy trees surrounding the Unitarian Church where we had our ceremony for most of the day, but then there was a burst of sunshine while we said our vows.   Here we are at Lovers Point: we drove through a little sprinkling of rain but then as we got out of the car to take pictures, there was a break in the rain and a huge rainbow. 
I think my teeth were chattering a bit there.

Because my Aunt Judy and Uncle John are awesome, we get two anniversary dates this year: they came over last night and babysat while we went to the movies, and then they're coming back tonight so we can go out to dinner.  Awesomeness.  We saw Black Swan last night, and ohmygoddidyouseethat?  Talk about being on the edge.  I loved it -- I don't get to go to the movies that often, and it was definitely a fun movie to see in the theater: I got lost in the story, fascinated (creeped out?) by what was going on, gasping and grabbing onto Patrick and covering my eyes.  I don't tend to get that lost in movies on DVD, so that was fun.

Hope that this is the beginning of a lovely spring for you!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! What a beautiful day that was. Can't believe it was two years ago! I remember that trip to CA so well.

    I'm jellyous of your date night--still haven't seen Black Swan, but I really want to.

    ReplyDelete